Bordering France and Italy, the Commune of Orsières invites travellers on the North-South axis to linger on their journey.
With its 17 villages and 2 resorts spread around the main centre, the Commune is pleased to present its official website.
I have the agreeable job of welcoming you, in my name and that of the local authority, and inviting you to discover our riches and secrets as you explore these pages.
You will, without doubt, be able to:
- learn about the history and culture of this beautiful area;
- appreciate the marvellous mountain scenery;
- explore the villages and their traditional old barns or « raccards »;
- feel refreshed by the lakes, glaciers and waterfalls;
- relax in the tranquil calm of the two beautiful mountain resorts of La Fouly and Champex-Lac;
- visit the main village and its neo-gothic church built in 1896.
I hope that these pages will make you want to come in person to spend some time here where we promise to extend you a warm welcome. Enjoy your visit and we hope to see you soon.